|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Land Technician
REPORTS TO: Land Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Endeavor Energy Resources, LP/Land Department
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is a privately held company with over 300,000 net acres in the Midland Basin, North America’s most active basin. Endeavor’s highly strategic and desired asset base is unable to be replicated in today’s times and is the cornerstone for the company’s rapid growth. Endeavor has been a successful vertical driller in the Permian Basin, and surrounding basins, over the last 40 years but recently refocused its strategy on a horizontal drilling program. The company is rapidly growing and evolving as it works towards its mission of becoming a top tier Midland Basin horizontal operator. To date, Endeavor has drilled approximately 70 horizontal wells and currently has 6 rigs dedicated to the horizontal program. The work environment is informal, innovative and fast paced.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Land Technician will provide technical and administrative support to the division landmen. This position will assist in preparing oil and gas contracts (i.e. Operating, Pooling, ROW and other agreements) leases, assignments, all related files and correspondence, AFE’s and other responsibilities as assigned. The position requires interaction with other teams, including Land Administration, Accounting, Owner Relations and Regulatory.
- Prepare Agreements (including Operating, Pooling and other agreements and Exhibits, Oil and Gas Lease, Term Assignments) and other land documents.
- Administer AFE set up, ballot of non-operated partners and coordinate with accounting to administer payout accounts
- Set up contracts into Enertia
- Track land budget and prepare reports
- Work with land brokers to ensure lease documents are processed, which may include calculating or confirming correct bonus paid and reviewing the oil and gas lease for accuracy.
- Accurately maintain and organize land files, electronic files on shared drives and the well dashboard.
- Manage check requests for bonus, damage, water use and other payments
- Provide technical support for a minimum of two landmen.
- Assist with landowner and working interest owner communication including correspondence and phone calls.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work well with landmen, title attorneys, owner relations, accounting, regulatory and lessors
- Demonstrated proficiency of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively
- Proven analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas leases and agreements
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanner, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing and preparing and analyzing data figures.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Currently, the company participates in a flextime program: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. & Friday 8:00 a.m. to noon. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours.
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years’ related experience working in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with land software, Enertia preferred
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in regards to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.