|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Health, Safety & Environmental (“HSE”) Specialist
REPORTS TO: HSE Supervisor
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Endeavor Energy Resources, LP/HSE
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Exempt Full-Time
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is a privately held company with over 300,000 net acres in the Midland Basin, North America’s most active basin. Endeavor’s highly strategic and desired asset base is unable to be replicated in today’s times and is the cornerstone for the company’s rapid growth. Endeavor has been a successful vertical driller in the Permian Basin, and surrounding basins, over the last 40 years but recently refocused its strategy on a horizontal drilling program. The company is rapidly growing and evolving as it works towards its mission of becoming a top tier Midland Basin horizontal operator. To date, Endeavor has drilled approximately 70 horizontal wells and currently has 6 rigs dedicated to the horizontal program. The work environment is informal, innovative and fast paced.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for accomplishing company objectives by overseeing the development, implementation and continual improvement efforts related to HS&E. This position requires knowledge of OSHA regulations, API standards, NFPA and experience applying those standards to ensure the health and safety of the Company’s employees.
- Conduct field audits to ensure that HSE compliance is an essential part of day to day activities
- Ensure worksite compliance with OSHA, API, NFPA and company safety standards
- Perform daily safety audits of worksite operations
- Analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns
- Partner with management in conducting accident and incident investigations, determine root cause, and recommend corrective measures
- Experience with OSHA investigations and regulations
- Provide ongoing employee HSE training
- Communicate regularly with employees and management regarding a variety HSE topics and issues
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to effectively communicate information to co-worker’s and management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and with a team as needed.
- Ability to work in stressful situations and problem solve quickly
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with OSHA regulations
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On occasion this position may be required to go to a lease and/or meeting place outside of the organization, therefore being exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat and vibration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to reach. This position also requires the ability to walk and stand for long lengths of time regardless of weather or conditions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours.
This position requires periodic travel for training and job related activities.
- Bilingual applicant required
- Must hold a valid Texas driver’s license
- 2-5 years of practical work experience in a similar safety role
- High school diploma or GED required