|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Drilling Engineer
REPORTS TO: Drilling Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Endeavor Energy Resources, LP/Drilling
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is a privately held company with over 300,000 net acres in the Midland Basin, North America’s most active basin. Endeavor’s highly strategic and desired asset base is unable to be replicated in today’s times and is the cornerstone for the company’s rapid growth. Endeavor has been a successful vertical driller in the Permian Basin, and surrounding basins, over the last 40 years but recently refocused its strategy on a horizontal drilling program. The company is rapidly growing and evolving as it works towards its mission of becoming a top tier Midland Basin horizontal operator. To date, Endeavor has drilled approximately 70 horizontal wells and currently has 6 rigs dedicated to the horizontal program. The work environment is informal, innovative and fast paced.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the conceptual well design and efforts to ensure that wells are designed and delivered to meet the agreed business objectives with regards to operational risks, drilling optimization, safety and cost effectiveness.
- Accountable for overall accuracy and content of all well engineering planning (cost estimates, programs, engineering studies, etc.), appropriate basis of design, and level of detail in whatever engineering document is provided for the execution of operations
- Monitor drilling activity & make recommendations & changes , when appropriate
- Work with Drilling Superintendent, Consultants and Vendors to solve problems
- Check daily morning reports & work with drilling consultants to make corrections
- Review & process invoices
- Analyze costs
- Reports directly to the Drilling Manager, but is expected to work closely with the Drilling Consultants and Superintendents
- Maintain Drilling Database Metrics
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment and is required to travel up to 25% of the time to drilling sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and expected hours of work are Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. On call availability is a requirement for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering
- Three (3) or more years’ experience performing relative essential functions
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in regards to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.