|Title:||Service Company Accountant|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Non-Operated Payables Clerk completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices for payment. Works as a team within the accounting department to make sure that payables are entered correctly and verified prior to payment. Responsible for reconciling payments to invoices. Also responsible for answering vendor calls and assisting with questions concerning the status of their payment requests.
· Maintain financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets, profit and loss statement and general ledger accounts.
· Analyze financial reports to help management make strategic business decisions.
· Reviews all Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable entered by the accounting clerk, check for accuracy and post payments.
· Oversee and assist Accounts receivable clerk with collecting past due receivables.
· Book deposits entries from Treasury to correct customers.
· Reconcile physical inventory account against the general ledger; make appropriate adjusting journal entries to reflect reconciliation if needed.
· Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail, accounts payable detail; Prepaid and Accrued Expense accounts; prepare fixed assets reports and fixed asset depreciation; Prepare adjusting journal entries as needed.
· Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures
· Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Assist with internal and external audit review.
· Responsible for Training staff.
· Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager/Accounting Supervisor.
· Maintain effective communication with Accounting Department and General Manager with daily operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate to team and management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver assignments
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and/or use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing and preparing and analyzing data and figures. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting strongly preferred
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as an accountant or bookkeeper will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree