|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Senior Geoscientist
REPORTS TO: Asset Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Endeavor Energy Resources, LP/Business Development
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is a privately held company with over 300,000 acres in the Midland Basin, North America’s most active basin. The company is rapidly growing and evolving as it strives towards its goal of becoming a “Top Tier Midland Basin Horizontal Operator”. The company has drilled approximately 70 horizontal wells and currently has 6 rigs dedicated to the horizontal program. The work environment is informal and fast paced.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is part a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team optimizing and improving an active horizontal drilling program in the Midland Basin. This individual will work within the asset team to make data collection and drilling recommendations.
- Integrate multi-disciplinary industry and academic, geologic and engineering data sources.
- Integrate basin history, petroleum systems, sequence stratigraphic, seismic, petrophysical and unconventional reservoir concepts and work flows
- Recommend both horizontal landing zones in proven areas and stratigraphy as well as identifying unproven but high potential zones. Recommendations will be well documented and supported.
- Interpret and evaluate geologic data to construct integrated maps, cross sections, and other geological displays to identify and evaluate additional opportunities
- Work closely with a team of Geologists, Reservoir and Production Engineers and Geoscience Specialists to integrate seismic interpretation with data sets including reservoir behavior and well performance
- Meet all project schedules, deliverables and milestones as outlined in work plans
- Mentoring and on-the-job training of team members
- Actively participate in data acquisition and interpretation
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven capability to support unconventional assets, and design, manage and interpret geologic data acquisition programs
- Familiarity of the Permian Basin preferred
- Demonstrated motivational, organizational and reasoning skills
- Capability to work effectively with cross-discipline professionals and all levels of the team
- Documented ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position; however, this position will require mentoring less-experienced team members as requested.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This is largely a sedentary role; however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and/or use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach with hand and arms
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours.
- Master’s Degree in Geology required
- Fifteen (15) or more years’ oil and gas Geologist experience
- Three (3) years’ experience within an unconventional basin in an operational team
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in regards to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.