|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Journeyman Electrician
REPORTS TO: Construction Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Electrical Maintenance and Construction (“EMC”)
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a Journeyman you have put in the time and effort to establish yourself as a professional Electrician. You should have sufficient knowledge and skills to do construction, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on most standard projects. You should take ownership in your position with the company and assume the responsibilities associated with running a truck and crew as well as caring for all associated equipment and tools. You should strive to do above standard work with attention to detail in both appearance and quality.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and industrial equipment such as motors, starters. Relays, solid state circuitry electro-mechanical components. AC, and DC solid state drives.
- Interpret and work from electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams. Code specifications to determine the layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Fabricate, install and/or run conduit, 3-Phase work, and motor terminations. control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current. voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators, and reactors
- Test and install electrical motors, generators, and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Install electrical circuits and equipment including panels, conduit. Protective devices. switches, and related equipment as required
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Demonstrated problem solving capability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Desire to increase job knowledge by participating in learning opportunities and continuous improvement classes specific to job functions
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position; however, this position will serve as an advisor and mentor to entry-level Journeyman Electricians and Apprentice Electricians as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, this position requires walking, sitting, or standing to a significant degree, stooping, crouching, kneeling, and bending as required, and handling, feeling and gripping objects. Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed as well as climbing ladders and/or stairs.
- Current Texas Apprentice License
- Minimum 1 year electrical experience (2+ years of electrical experience preferred)
- Previous oilfield experience and knowledge is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED or higher level
- Basic computer knowledge (windows, email, internet, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Reading skills (basic instructional and technical information) -OR-
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
- Must have clean driving record
- Ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds