|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Surface Landman
REPORTS TO: Land Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Endeavor Energy Resources, LP/Land Department
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Exempt Full-Time
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is a privately held company with over 300,000 net acres in the Midland Basin, North America’s most active basin. Endeavor’s highly strategic and desired asset base is unable to be replicated in today’s times and is the cornerstone for the company’s rapid growth. Endeavor has been a successful vertical driller in the Permian Basin, and surrounding basins, over the last 40 years but recently refocused its strategy on a horizontal drilling program. The company is rapidly growing and evolving as it works towards its mission of becoming a top tier Midland Basin horizontal operator. To date, Endeavor has drilled approximately 70 horizontal wells and currently has 6 rigs dedicated to the horizontal program. The work environment is informal, innovative and fast paced.
- DESCRIPTION: Responsible for working closely with asset team and surface owners to select surface locations for drill wells, facilities, frac ponds, flowlines and other infrastructure. Must be knowledgeable of all local, county, state and federal regulatory agency requirements and ensure the Company is meeting our obligations. Represents the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes, and resolving grievances that may arise during surface oriented business activities with landowners and with regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain excellent landowner relationships
- Coordinate with various local, state or federal regulatory agencies, municipalities and other governmental agencies as required to support project requirements
- Manage title and tax record research and curative
- Negotiate and secure surface use agreement, pipeline easements, surface leases and property access
- Secure water resources and disposal or recycle of produced water
- Appraise and negotiate settlements regarding surface damage
- Apply Endeavor Energy Resources’ environmental, health and safety policies and principles when performing job duties
- Manage complaints, arbitrating disputes, and resolve grievances that may arise during surface oriented business activities with landowners and with regulatory agencies
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work well and communicate with landmen, title attorneys, owner relations, accounting, lessors and surface owners.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to asses issues and problem solve
- Advanced knowledge of Surface Use Agreements, water use agreements, salt water disposal agreements, rights of way and easements, and other associated agreements
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position; however, this position will require mentoring less-experienced team members as requested.
This job operates in a professional office environment and at oil and gas field locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Frequently this position may be required to go to a lease and/or meeting place outside of the organization, therefore being exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat and vibration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing and preparing and analyzing data figures. Additionally, the worker is frequently responsible to drive to and from company leased locations and other potential future locations, which may include future wells, facilities, and pipelines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Currently, the company participates in a flextime program: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. & Friday 8:00 a.m. to noon. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours.
Vehicle travel to company’s field locations are frequent. Out of area travel, requiring an overnight stay is infrequent, no more than 10% per year.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience as a surface landman, right of way agent, or similar role
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good Driving Record