|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION: Engineering Technician
REPORTS TO: Southern Asset Manager
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Endeavor Energy Resources, LP
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is a privately held company with over 300,000 net acres in the Midland Basin, North America’s most active basin. Endeavor’s highly strategic and desired asset base is unable to be replicated in today’s times and is the cornerstone for the company’s rapid growth. Endeavor has been a successful vertical driller in the Permian Basin, and surrounding basins, over the last 40 years but recently refocused its strategy on a horizontal drilling program. The company is rapidly growing and evolving as it works towards its mission of becoming a top tier Midland Basin horizontal operator. To date, Endeavor has drilled approximately 70 horizontal wells and currently has 6 rigs dedicated to the horizontal program. The work environment is informal, innovative and fast paced.
- Maintain spreadsheets and compile data as required
- Manage Petra mapping and maintain well histories
- Assist the Asset Manager with scheduling appointments and managing workload
- Establish a profitability analysis for designated wells
- Prepare and maintain scheduling timelines of ongoing projects
- Support engineering, geology and management staff on economic evaluation of properties for exploration and development, production and completion optimization, and acquisition and well maintenance records.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to effectively communicate information to co-workers and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and as part of a team under little supervision
- Position requires a strong analytical and problem solving skill set utilizing sound technical principles
- Capability to handle heavy workload
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a multi-disciplined team including Executives, Geologists, Landmen, Engineers and Technicians
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office dress is casual in a team player environment.
Out of area and overnight travel possible, but not likely.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to reach. The employee is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing and preparing and analyzing data figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Ability to work after typical work hours to complete projects and assignments is required. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2+ years of Engineering Technician experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of oil and gas software (Spotfire, Tableau, PHDwin) preferred
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, environmental consulting or related experience required